Tuesday, June 10

Wait, what?


Yes, I'm somewhat late to the party, but it's just that I've been coming across people bashing it quite often now. And since part two will be hitting US shores in early 2009, (February, if you must know,) I think I'm still good to go here--

What are you people talking about? Killzone didn't suck. :O

Seriously. What--what was so awful about the game that made you dislike it? Was it the visuals? Was it the gameplay? Was it multiplayer? Cause, from what I remember, all three of those elements were completely solid. If you didn't like it because of the storyline or the A.I. (a la F.E.A.R.--assuming the A.I.'s somehow different in campaign), then disregard this post, as I can't really defend that, seeing as how I haven't played through its campaign mode. However, I've played enough multiplayer to the point where I'd be able to defend the fact that it is quite entertaining.

Okay, sure, I'll admit the game wasn't perfect. In fact, it had its handful of flaws--most being glitchy, graphical nuisances. And it definitely isn't my favorite FPS. But I loved the way its multiplayer maps enabled players to engage in battles ranging from bot mob wars to stealthy PVP duels. And sure, you'll make the argument that stealth in games should stay in stealthy games, but there aren't very many FPSs that have an element of stealth attached to them; at least not in the way Killzone does.

If you're a fan of fast paced shooters, (CS and Halo come to mind,) and fast paced shooters only, then, yes, you should probably stay away from Killzone, as Killzone's probably one of the slower FPSs out there. But if you can't see the solidity, the fantastic multiplayer, (yes, I'll probably get burned for that,) and the questionably brilliant reloading, (where your main reloads like he would in RL,) then aren't you just whoring your fast paced shooters?

So, I don't know what you're thinking. Explain to me, somebody, why everyone bashes Killzone. Liberation, on the other hand, was pretty crappy.
Sure. I'll go with that. But Killzone on the PS2? Not so much.

Just, tell me why everyone's bashing the game. I really want to know.

0 comments: