Saturday, July 19

Ammie wearing pants? I won't allow it.

Eating potstickers whilst browsing /c/ makes me feel pretty damn evil. I don't believe I'm as much of a /b/tard as my internet history tells me; I can't stomach the stuff--most of it, anyway. (Especially not when snacking on potstickers.)

But, really, completely Chicken Gunning those last two sentences, I have much respect for Iwata and Miyamoto, regardless of their fixing a massive casual lineup. It's the people I dislike; everyone who's essentially pushing Nintendo toward casual releases. Why won't you purchase Otogi, Front Mission or Godhand? Most everyone will give you the same answer: I don't get it. And that's not strictly I don't understand what this game is about-type of I don't get it, but rather an I don't care for something that doesn't include all of the three All-American elements: Explosions, Space Marines (and/or large, buff'd mangos), and a simple, underlined story. Or no story. The latter the better.

And please, before you begin grinding your Katamari against my Prince, 80% of everyone who made a swift GTAIV purchase didn't buy it for the story. They freaking bought it because they were bike stealers in RL who got party van'd for spontaneous instances of bike stealing. Realizing that GTAIV was more or less an RL simulation, they made the purchase for virtual bike stealing. Except it was in RL. More or less.

And then there are those groups consisting (mostly) of fangirls, pretending to have played FFVII. I'm sure you've come across them once or twice in your lieftiem. I'm sorry if you're one of them and happened to come across this post, but fueling your love of FFVII off Advent Children or KH2 alone doesn't mean you actually played through FFVII. Same goes with Crisis Core. Go back to your PS/2, pop open your disc cover/tray, insert FFVII disc one, stop complaining about the graphics, and play the damn game. I love all of you FFVII fangirls, (most of which I see in the manga block of Borders,) but only because you love FFVII.

Now what the hell was I talking about?

I'm not too big of a Megaman fan. You can probably tell after reading the next sentence: My favorite Megaman game is Legends. Yes. Legends. Which was a hit-or-miss for many of you. MM2, X, and X4 come in as runner ups. So, naturally, I wouldn't be too excited for MM9. Especially with the industry in the condition it's in today. Is Capcom about to release another hardcore MM2-esque game? No, it's not likely. It's about to spout off the Wii, after all. And the Wii, as we learned from Nintendo's panel, is LOLDRUMSGOBANG.

I've been playing a lot of spread lately thanks to R21freak.com's simfiles. They're materminds. Dark Luke's Lord of the Dance stepchart is simply amazing and tastefully arranged. I normally wouldn't play Stepmania on a regular basis, but that song alone has changed my entire mindset on the game.
Game? Actually, I see Stepmania as more of an editing program for simfiles, as any R21 machine will tell you, don't play me without a flashcard.

I feel suppression when it comes to WoW. Or Steam, I think. Maybe not so much Steam, but definitely WoW. Suppression, but I don't have the will to start playing. Not anymore, anyway. I have no idea how many Munnies it is to keep yourself online per month anymore, but I'm sure it can't be any more than keeping your subscription of XBL going.
I wouldn't create an account simply because I know many people who play the game, who can't seem to make decent conversations unrelated with it. Hours upon hours of a single game leads to a single branch off the INT tree. Which also means, IMO, cons and various vidcon gatherings wouldn't mean as much to you as if you were to branch off once in awhile on your INT tree.
Take note that I'm also one of those people who don't realize how WoW surpasses any other MMO out there in terms of features and gameplay. I've seen it all. Yes, I have. Everything. And if you're about to seriously tell me that WoW was created by Blizzard, and thus, owns many other MMOs, sure. I'll go with that. It works for me. Honestly; there's no sarcasm there.

At any rate, I must fix up a few stepcharts and such. Metrolution 2? I'll be going. It'll probably be saged though.

Totally misleading title, I know.

0 comments: