Friday, July 18

DDRX, save us!

Less than a week remains until Metrolution 2. We've got no information on it aside from the fact that it's less than a week away, and I'm begining to lol at the idea of a DDR PA/FS tourney in San Francisco at all.
Not that I wasn't before.

But, who cares, really? Nobody in San Francisco freestyles anymore. It has pretty much been proven that there are only three people who still take freestyle seriously here--and seriously is overstating it.

What I really want to see, more than anything at this point, is some honest, decent freestyle. Sure, I'll get the occasional tourist nodding or shaking or whatever the hell they do along with their stepping in rhythm on Beginner mode, but I'm a tad more desperate for an uncaring for survival type freestyle; something that's not ridiculous stomp-stomp-not-really-dancing. I'm not asking for routines either.

Yes, I realize I'm like, what, nine years too late? At least in the city. But really, when you approach a DDR-type machine, ever think of actually dancing?




Oldschool mixes. I miss them.

0 comments: