Sunday, July 26

You Just Don't Know

FriedRice1847: fred?
EmpyreanAria: he sucks.
FriedRice1847: he was raping

When I read this, I was somewhat shocked. Maybe a little. I don't know.
It hadn't occurred to me that from the inexperienced player's perspective, skill level, effort and character selection--none of that mattered.
All it came down to was that, there was a winner. And he kept winning. Of course, the inexperienced, upon seeing this will believe this person is highly skilled. But is that really the case? I'm told that he is a good Jin user, but what I witnessed last night was horrendous.

Now, I'm not complaining about Jin. At least, not for the most part.

Well, maybe I am.

Jin is a beast. Nearly all of his Drives cause freezing, which allow him to follow up with a free combo or a throw, which may or may not end with you frozen again (depending on what Jin decides to follow up with). This may have been fine if it weren't for the fact that the damage which comes with one special of any sort takes off as much as the average character's BnB. Now allow me to demonstrate just how difficult it is to pull off the ultimate tactics for winning with the Jin I witnessed yesterday:

When your opponent is far, QCB+D to get close.
When your opponent is near, D or B+C. (IMPORTANT: THESE CAUSE FREEZING!)
When your opponent is frozen, QCB+D
When your opponent is frozen and you have enough meter for a super, B+C then HCF, forward+D.
When you forget what to do, QCF+C in the air.

Now, every character has around 10,000 HP, with Carl having the least (9500), and Tagger having the most (13,000).
When Jin freezes his opponent with a throw (B+C) and follows up with Ice Carz (QCB+D), it deals 3,000 damage.

Allow me to compare this damage with Tao, cause, unfortunately, she's the only character I play:

Tao has no attack options when her opponent is far. QCB+ A, B or C does nothing.
When her opponent is near, she can deliver a combo.
When her opponent is frozen, you're actually playing as Jin and are either retarded or, in the rare case, awesome.
When she forgets what to do, I suppose she can Drive around a bit.

How does Jin's 4-hit (2 from B+C, 2 from QCB+D), 3,000 damage combo compare with Tao?
If--if. If Tao was able to get close enough to her opponent, which may be the most impossible thing ever, one of her main BnB combos is:

A, A, c.A, c.A, B, c.B, forward A(2 hits), j. forward A, C, j. forward A, C, j.A, A, QCB+BBBB.
This deals around 2,100 damage.

There you go.

0 comments: